Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tea Parties and Puppies



I never thought much of what I've heard people say about being a Grandmother, until I became one. I've heard it said that it's so good and so different than being a parent. Well now I'm one of those people and more than happy to let others know :) This blonde, curly haired little cherub brings Joy and Delight to my everyday. I'm not saying my three children didn't bring me the same Joy, I absolutely love each of them unconditionally. I believe that I was so busy being a mum that I didn't take the time to enjoy the little moments enough. I'm a sucker, I just about drop everything, to play, read, give my attention to Cadence, my mind may wander to what has to be done but only briefly then it's back to whatever we're up to at the time, needless to say, not much gets done around here when Missy is about and I love when she's about. :)

We decided our little fluffy dog Toby needed a playmate, so we got him a puppy, a little fur sister called Lola. It's taken a couple of weeks for him to accept that she might be staying but I think he's slowly excepting that fact. They are fast becoming friends and partners in crime. It's been a while since we had a puppy in the house and the toilet training is proving to be a bit of a problem, we'll get there and when we do, I won't miss stepping in unseen puddles of puppy pee.

Creativity wise, a little bit of spice and a little sugar. I haven't had a lot of time at the creative table. Thought I'd share this one I did a little while back, using Bolts mould.Moulds by Mel

The spice.


A Rare Moment

This is one of my two boys, Liam. I don't often get a photo of my boys, once they hit their teens it's been almost impossible. Liam's job involves using a camera so this main photo is a rarity.
I used Easycast resin mix in my moulds. I love the clarity this gets with them.

I loved doing male themed layouts and using the rich warm tones. Now if you know my work, you'll also know I love distressed, aged and RUSTY stuff. I didn't want new metal looking nuts and bolts, so these ones have been painted and rusting powder added to make them look more real.

Visit Moulds by Mel blog HERE for lots more inspirations.
Lucky for me I'm able to mix my two design team's gigs, so here's some Dusty too ;)You've got to check out what's NEW for September too.

Products used - Moulds by Mel, Paper - BoBunny, Chipboard - Dusty Attic


The Sugar


Cupcake Cutie



Products used - Moulds by Mel Cupcake mould, Paper - Kaiser, Chipboard - Dusty Attic


Until next time


Audrey

No comments: