Monday, March 4, 2013

Tin Man ATC

Where on earth did February go??? I'm sure one of these days I'll get time to do a longer post and let you know about life in the Underwood household.

But for now it's Dusty Attic DT sharing.

Here's my ATC for this month.

I really enjoyed this month’s theme, "Industrial", it was about time I got my hands well and truly dirty with creative products.
The first thing I thought of when I seen the theme was, ‘Metal’. It looks a little Steampunk-ish, but that’s still part of Industrial inspiration, right! I usually try and stick to the boundaries of an ATC back, but I couldn't resist going past the edges in this case because I didn't want to lose too much of my Tin Man and since creating the ATC I’ve decided, like one of our DT girls with last month’s ATC, use it for a future piece of art.




The Dusty Attic products used to create this were -

Ornate Gates Mini DA0190
Cogs 2 DA0002
Clear Crackle Varnish DA0900
Acrylic paint - Fine Silver DA0927
Find them Here

Other Products used -

Tim Holtz stamp – Creative Muse
Silver embossing powder, dictionary script and watch parts.



I embossed the Mini Gates with black embossing powder and while the powder was still hot I sprinkled in some patina coloured embossing powder. Making sure not to keep the heat gun too close or on a paticular spot for too long. The gate is tiny and very fine and will burn easily if your not careful. I wanted it to looked like an old wrought iron gate that had seen better days, even vandalised by someone trying to get to whats behind it.



The umbrella was a little fiddly but I love working on tiny detail.


I used a combination of the chipboard cogs from Dusty and tiny watch parts from my stash.


I hope this inspires you to get your hands dirty and do a little creating soon.

Happy Creating
Audrey

No comments: